Tuesday, October 7, 2008

GOOD NEWS

Today I walked two miles. It felt good and I wanted to work some aches out. All week my legs, especially thighs have been slightly achey. I don't know if this is an after effect of the marathon or not.
Today the results of my lab test for blood chemistry came and some noticeable changes show. In comparison to the April test my cholesterol went down 22 points. My LDL went down 28. My HDL went up 9. Triglycerides went down 16. My sugar went down from slightly high to down in the normal range. None of the 29 items on the tests were out of the optimum range.
I have stayed at the same weight for some time now. The first three months I lost 22 pounds by the scale. Factoring in the muscle gain of 6 to 10 pounds that I added I am happy with the net loss of 22. However, my goal for the next three months is to lose some additional weight. I still carry a lot around my waist. That means not only continued exercise but cutting back on portions, which for me is the most important step I can make.

No comments: