Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WHAT A DIFFERENCE 12 DAYS MAKES


It has been 12 days since my last blog. I finally walked/ran 3 miles today. It felt good, sort of blew the rust away. We have gone from caregivers to caretakers. Caregiving for my father-in-law was a 24/7 endeavor. He passed away on Oct. 20th. So now we are caretakers of the legacy he left us. Helpful, honest, hardworking, humorous, humble, honorable,--all attributes he will be remembered for. He ran a good race.

In 12 days the temperature has dropped considerably, as is appropriate for a few days before Halloween. It was downright chilly this afternoon when I hit the trail here in Rochester, IN. Chilly as a witches heart. I still worked up a sweat though. I anticipated I might struggle or have some discomfort but that was not the case. It was all good.

We have a lot of work to do here but now I'm back on track and hope to get out frequently to work out.

1 comment:

Kylee Baumle said...

I just thought I'd check in and see if you were still doing the running thing. I'm so sorry to hear about Cindy's father. :-( Please tell her.
I still am not allowed to run, but will have my check-up on December 2nd. If things look okay then, I will be able to resume normal activity. I'd like to get back to running some - enough to stay in shape for a 5K by spring. A lot will depend on the weather or if I can stand running on the treadmill all winter. I hate running on that.
Good for you for staying active with this! I knew you would. :-)