Monday, August 11, 2008

KEEPING THE PACE

We have a training schedule laid out for us that will have us at the right level come Sept. 27. I'm glad that I have been able to stay reasonably close to where I should be. Today I tried for my eight mile run and was able to accomplish that. The course I run has some slight ups and downs and three real hills to go down and back up. Those were the spots where I walked briefly. Once again it was apparent that I have to run at my own pace, which is slow, but it enables me to keep on chuggin along. My time today was 2 hours and 15 minutes, which put me just under 4 mph.
There were a couple times when I had to overcome the urge to just make it a six or another seven. I had two 4 oz. bottles of water along and made them last through my run. That won't be enough to carry me through 10 or 12 or 13.1 miles so I will be utilizing water spots along the race course.
I don't want to add much more weight by carrying more along.
It has been five hours since I finished today and I'm now feeling some recovery. Happy for that. The first couple hours after I was pretty whipped.
I hope I can keep this up and add another mile this next weekend.

3 comments:

Kylee Baumle said...

I don't know how you do it, Terry. I'm beat, in more ways than one. :(

Dr. Jamey Gordon said...

Terry,

Did you ever think that you would be able to run 8 miles and still "feel some recovery" the same day? Great Job! Keep it Up! Hope to see you next week.

KRoe said...

Terry, you are awesome! What an encouragement to the whole group! Hey, slow or fast, the goal is to finish, and you'll be there on race day! Great job!!!