Wednesday, August 20, 2008

RUN HAPPY

Monday evening our group gathered to run in New Haven on the River Greenway. Linda had a stack of small bumper stickers to share that said "Run Happy". For many in the group this particular phase of our training and preparation is frustrating and happy running can be elusive. It certainly helps to share our individual experiences with each other, which puts a more hopeful perspective to things, (all are dealing with similar issues and feelings). At this point nearly everyone is still training for Sept. 27. Some will be doing the 4 mile run/walk and others will do the half marathon. Self doubt is nagging many and some physical issues are throwing a wrench in the works too. Dr. Gordon, our trainer and mentor, is a pretty good cheer leader too. So, Run Happy everyone!
The River Greenway trail was a super place to run. Even though it was late afternoon and the temp. 85, the trail was in shade most everywhere. It was busy with walkers, runners and bikers. I felt recovered enough from last Saturday's 10 mile run to try a couple miles. I did a 3 mile run. Some did 2 and some did 4. It was a good evening.
I rested yesterday and this morning I did an early workout, running 2 miles. I hope to run 11 miles this next Saturday so I'm not planning any running the next two days. I may walk some to keep active.

No comments: