Monday, July 21, 2008

ATTAINED NEW GOAL--TOOK IT'S TOLL

At a quarter to seven this morning I got back in the saddle, so to speak, and began my run. After so many days off it felt good to be back on the trail at the nearby park. It did cool down last evening and Cyndy and I took a mile or so walk. That was leisure after the miles upon miles we walked at Disney World. This morning was like most have been here. Humid and already heating up. I was soon joined by a number of other runners and walkers. I was the first one there and the last one to leave. Guess that none of them were going to go six miles. THAT'S RIGHT--SIX MILES. I made it to six so hoping I'm not too far behind schedule. Today is group training day and I miss the others in the group. Next Monday I'll catch up on how they are doing.

It is taking me a lot longer today to recover from my run. Legs weak and achey and I'm just plain tired. Thankfully no cramps or anything. Tylenol and an hour nap so hoping I snap back by evening. The heat index is around 100 right now so I suppose it was pretty high this morning. Craving water and I thought I had hydrated pretty well. So I'm sipping water constantly. There was a strong impulse to quit at four miles, then at five, but I'm glad I stayed with it and made six. I feel good about that now that I reached that level. We will begin our travels back north in a couple days so another opportunity to do six may not arise until we arrive back home. Glad I got it accomplished.

No comments: