Tuesday, July 29, 2008

JUST ME AND THE ROADKILL

Hey this is serious stuff. When you get so bored that road kill ahead brings anticipation you've got a problem. When you get to the six mile runs there comes a time when the same old scenery becomes drab and lifeless. What will 7 miles, or 10, be like? I did accomplish another 6 mile jaunt this morning. Normally I run "plein ear" so to speak and haven't used an mp3 or radio to help pass the miles. Last Sunday I had an fm radio strapped to my arm. I enjoyed it. Only got tangled in the cord and flung the ear buds a couple times. Today I used it again. Problem is you hear music instead of cars. There were only two today and both surprised me.
Last evening at group session only a few of us were there. We didn't get the e-mail until after we left home. Jamey had to stay longer than expected with the producers of a DVD on back pain exercise he is doing. After visiting and sharing our running progress and problems some ran and some left. I ran one circuit and quit. Still recovering from Sundays 6 miles and it was 89--and so on.
The new plan is to meet early on Thursday morning, as a group, and appear on the Indiana News Center broadcast. Then run a couple miles and go get breakfast. We'll be in downtown Ft. Wayne, right where the F4F Marathon starts in September.
I don't know where breakfast will be but after two miles I will stink. Sort of like old vegetable soup right before you throw it away. Which brings me back to roadkill. I think having a running buddy or two to share the workouts with is a good idea. That was the theme of Jamey's early morning broadcast a couple weeks ago. Not just for the companionship but the accountability.
In the meantime I'll keep on venturing out on my own, running all kinds of thought processes through my brain as I run.
Don't step in that!

No comments: