Thursday, July 31, 2008

EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE

My alarm was set for 4:45 A.M. so that I could get around and head for downtown Ft. Wayne where a segment about our F4F Group was to be covered for the Indiana News Center morning broadcast. I grabbed some coffee and a chocolate covered donut on the way at the local Marathon. We went on the air about 6:30 and after that Jamey and a few of us ran a couple miles on the pathways of Headwaters Park. It was pleasant running this morning except I immediately realized that my chocolate covered donut didn't want to run. Not good. I battled the ache for a bit and then walked a hundred yards or so to get comfortable. That along with running slow anyway put me behind every one else. I did get to running again and was able to finish out. The gang waited on me back at our starting point. Then we went to Panera for breakfast. That beats a donut anytime.
What we spoke about in the interviews in the broadcast segment was "Persistance". All of the group has made progress, some through adversity, and one key to that progress has been persistance.
That can be hard to fit into a daily routine but the rewards are great if you can hang in there.

My goal for this Saturday is to get beyond six miles and run seven miles for the first time.

No comments: