Tuesday, June 17, 2008

FELT GOOD--KEPT GOING

Even though Monday was group workout day I couldn't resist. It was such a nice, comfortable morning so Cyndy and I walked two miles. When we gathered at the pavilion by the Jorgenson Y at 5 PM it was still a nice, comfortable afternoon but WINDY. It was to be a two mile run and after a few brief questions and answers on some things most everyone headed off on the path. I walked briefly and then began to run. It was a breeze, so to speak, with the wind at my back but the section into the wind got to me and I walked for a bit. Then when I turned I started running again and surprised myself by sustaining a long running segment. All the way until my two miles was finished. Happy happy day! It was just over a mile and that's a new level. .8 was my old longest running segment.
Tomorrow is to be a 3 mile workout day. Today is an optional so I'm resting. Have some traveling to do the next couple days too so will have to see how it all fits together. Thursday evening is a group meeting where we will have a nutritionist speak and answer questions. We have all been anxious for this.

No comments: