Saturday, June 21, 2008

IT'S GO FOR 4 DAY




Today the schedule is at the end of week three of the "Go For Distance" plan. It is the go from three mile runs to four miles. It was a busy day with a lot of activities packed in. We finally got home at 8 P.M. and I procrastinated and made up excuses to just wait until tomorrow. Forced myself to get to it and we loaded the bicycle for Cyndy to ride and went over to river road. I began running right from the start, and I knew I should run a mile or more as I have been doing that. I didn't stop running until I got to the two mile point. Stopped briefly for a quick photo and started back. A short walk and then more running. I wasn't feeling any muscle fatigue and kept running with a couple short walks. Finished out running to the end. I ran more than three miles of the four miles. The only bad part of today's run was that the soles of my feet hurt and burned toward the end. Maybe my shoes are wearing down. I received a pair of Baluga running socks for Fathers Day so I will try them out and see if they help.

1 comment:

Dr. Jamey Gordon said...

Terry,
You are doing so great! Most people at at age 68 would not even consider starting this endeavor, let alone stick with it. Anyone reading your blog should truly be inspired. I am so blessed to be able to help you to your goal.