Saturday, June 14, 2008

RUNNING ON FAMILIAR TRAILS

Today was a another busy day. First here at home and then over to Ft. Wayne for a softball tournament that our grandaughter was playing in. It was at Homestead High School's sports complex which is adjacent to the trails we train on each Monday evening. Since today was to be my scheduled three mile run it worked out perfectly to get my session in. Daughter Leslye and I headed out on the trail in the late morning. I only made it a quarter mile running at the start and had to walk. After a short bit I was able to go again but only another quarter mile. My legs would just feel like they were starved for energy. I kept alternating short runs after a tenth or so mile walk and was finally able to get some momentum. I did a little better toward the end and did get in the three miles. It took about 50 minutes so I was disappointed--that was more my time a few weeks ago when I tried 3.1 miles the first time. That was before I ran the 5K in New Haven last weekend.
So today was the start of week three on the new schedule. This week I will run a two, a three, and on next Saturday a four mile run. (These are not solid running the whole distance. I wish it were but not yet for me.) Not sure how I will work it all out yet because we will be traveling on Tuesday and Wednesday.

No comments: