Wednesday, June 25, 2008

MONDAY GROUP RUN

Our group session on Monday went well for me. It was scheduled to be three miles on the paths at the Aboite New Trails where we meet. After some discussion and questions with Jamey we headed out for our run. Jane and Cindy were both recovered enough from their ankle and leg injuries to walk the course. I ran the three miles with the exception of the 100 yards or so of the path along the little league fields. It was jammed with kids and parents so I walked there. My pace is slower than most of the others so they gradually outpaced me. According to the time it took me I ran at 4 miles per hour. My heart rate was 120 shortly after I stopped when Kevin and Roger reminded me to check. (I didn't have my monitor on) Within a minute I was down to the 70's so that was good.

I have been checking each morning when I get up and am consistantly in the 50's, only once being up into the 60s, so my recovery from the previous days workouts is doing well.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a 0-2 optional day so I chose to just walk some. It helped get the kinks out--I was a little sore from running nearly three miles straight for the first time. Today is to be a two mile run day but it has been raining all day so I haven't ventured out yet.

No comments: