Friday, June 20, 2008

WEDNESDAY RUN--THURSDAY MEETING

I was able to do my required three mile workout on Wednesday morning. We had traveled to Rochester IN. for a family visit and they have a good trail there. Grandson Ethan went with me. (He is the 8 year old who lost one shoe when he started running the mile at school and kept on going to the finish). Needless to say he didn't have too much trouble on our three mile jaunt. I ran in the morning, after having a half cup of coffee and a handful of cheerios. I didn't know what to expect energy wise but I knew I didn't want to run right after a big breakfast. It worked out fine. I ran most of the time with only two short walks. The last portion I ran over a mile and a quarter, from just after the half way point until the finish of the three miles. More gain for me--yahoo!
I didn't work out yesterday (Thur.) at all and today is to be a day of rest too since tomorrow the schedule shows a four mile run.

Last evening our group met for an informational meeting with a nutritionist who is a runner and had a lot of specific information for us since we are training at the levels we are at and will have to build to in the next three months. She was from Parkview Hospital and provided much beneficial information. Everyone had lots of questions. I found that I am probably not getting enough carbohydrates each day. That is counter to what I have been doing to lose weight. So I will make some adjustments and increase my intake of complex carbs. I need to come down some on my protein and fat but only a small adjustment to get into the recommended levels. Daily ratios I want to target are: Carbs 60-70 % of intake. Protein 10-15%. Fat 20-30%. I have a page of notes that I need to review. Lot's of information.

No comments: