Friday, June 13, 2008

THURSDAY'S OPTION--Workout or Not?

Thursday is an option day on my schedule so I did a lot of procrastinating all day. Should I or shouldn't I? It was hot and humid and easy to find excuses. When evening came there seemed to be some relief and a little breeze so about 8:20 I decided to just do a two mile walk. That proved to get me out of my lethargy and gave me some workout at least. I had decided to just walk and that proved to be a little difficult as several times I wanted to break into a run. (Is that cool or what?) So at least on one of my optional days I chose to train. Today is definitely a day off though to rest up for tomorrow when I am scheduled to go three miles. I'm looking forward to it and I will see if I can match my time in last Saturday's 3.1 mile run.
I have recorded my heart rate each morning as required and it stays real steady in the 55 to 58 range. I get into the 140 to 150 range when running and that is in my do not exceed range but all seems well. Will bring that up during question time on Monday at group session.
I have checked my weight a couple times and it is staying steady. Would like to see it continue to go down as I would like to lose another 25 to 30 pounds. (I've lost 17 so far since March 1).

No comments: