Friday, June 27, 2008

KEEPING UP WITH THE SCHEDULE

It seems that it is getting more difficult to keep on track with the daily training schedule. Conflicting activities and weather seem to be the biggest roadblocks. I finally got in two miles on Thursday and then today I rested. Tomorrow I should be running four miles but that won't happen as we are going on a bus excursion to the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH. So my plan is to run on Sunday sometime. With the daily thunderstorms we have it is hard to plan a time and the oppressive heat and humidity in the afternoons when it isn't raining is hard to take.
We won't have a group get together on this coming Monday. I'll alter my schedule and still get in the needed miles. There is more travel coming up but I will be able to keep training while traveling so it will be o.k..
I monitored my heart rate yesterday and it was interesting that as I ran the two miles it was at 120 to 130 for a while and then stayed in the high 130's. Then on the last half mile or so it went on above 140 and stayed between 140 and 145 until I finished. That is in my do not exceed area so hopefully it isn't harmful. I went back to normal pretty fast after I finished and that is good. I don't run fast but am able to stay at about the same pace the whole distance and I am glad for that. Always seem to average about 4 miles per hour.

No comments: