Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY

Monday was our group workout day so I headed for Ft. Wayne at 4 P.M. and ran right into a thunderstorm. It passed and I was optimistic enough to keep on going. Things looked pretty good at Indian Trails and we started out by calculating an individualized heart rate scale for each of us. The Karvonen Method (some of us jokingly referred to it as the Kervorkian method) uses age, resting heart rate etc. to come up with a target rate for Fat Loss, Cardiovascular, and Do Not Exceed. The rates it calculated for me all seem on the low side as compared to what I usually show. For instance my Do Not Exceed is 142 and 140 to 145 is where I am usually at when running. We had a lot of questions about it all and by the time we got around to starting on our two miles another storm had moved in. Some of us started off but within a quarter mile the lightning started and then sprinkles. Quick exit to the cars.
Cyndy and Landon picked me up and it soon was a major storm. Lots of wind, rain, lightning, power outages and we headed for home. Yesterday (Tuesday) I felt I needed to do something to make up for not running on Monday. We were leaving at 10 A.M. with a group on a trip to Bear Creek Farms so I did a mile first thing in the morning on the treadmill. Proceeded to over eat twice to finish off Tuesday. This morning the weather is beautiful and I finally got in a proper workout. Did my 2 miles. Ran 1.4 miles and walked for breathers. First run was .8 mi., second was .4 and last was .2 . Tomorrow is an option day but the plan is to run like today. Even with the nice weather I got pretty hot at 10 A.M. so I think an earlier start might be necessary.

No comments: