Tuesday, May 6, 2008

68 AND RUNNING


When I awoke this morning all was well. I have reached 68. I'm thankful for a great life! I am blessed with great family and friends. The trials and tribulations of life are minor in comparison to the great blessings I receive. Thank God for that.
How could I have ever imagined that on my 68th birthday I would feel more fit and energetic than I have for years. I have to include as one of my blessings the opportunity to be part of the Fort4Fitness Challenge. My physical self and my attitude reach new levels every day because of Jamey, my workout buddies, Cyndy and my family, and the many people, (many that I don't even know) who are encouraging me and making me accountable. So here's what I did today. I went 4 1/2 miles in 1 hour and 12 minutes. During that time I ran 3 minutes then 4 minutes five times then added 1 minute walking 1 minute running until I finished. So I guess I got off my plateau. What a great feeling.
I will miss the Warbird 5K (3.1 mi.) run that most of the group will be running in on the 17th. It will be an opportunity to see how a supervised event works and feels. Most all will run/walk the distance. So today after I ran three minutes right off the bat and then after a brief walk I did four minutes I decided that I would see how well I could do by the time I reached the 5K mark. I did it in 50 minutes and 50 seconds. I DID IT.

1 comment:

Kylee Baumle said...

Happy Birthday, Terry!