Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Surprise

This afternoon I headed out to run not knowing what to expect. This whole past week has been one of catching up, physically at least, from our trip out west. Just couldn't get past early exhaustion on my sessions. Yesterday I did nothing. We watched a softball tournament. So when I decided to get out today I headed over to the addition across from our home and followed the circle of streets. Each round is .40 miles. I walked the first round then ran the second and then alternated walking and running each round. I did 6 rounds so I'm pleased that I could run half of them and get in a total of 1.2 miles running. Exceeded my expectations and since we will be concentrating on building distance I'm feeling much more optimistic about keeping up somewhat with the younger runners in my group.
It was around 70 today and I did my workout at that temperature. Quite a difference in the sweat level compared to my usual morning workouts in the cooler temps. Hate to think what it is going to be like through the summer months. Good thing I like getting up early.

No comments: