Thursday, May 29, 2008

A.M. and P.M. add up to 3.22 miles.




I double dipped today. This morning I participated in a walkathon at the school that was an opportunity for the students to gather pledges and walk to raise some funds for the all weather track campaign. So I walked and ran some too. I covered 1.5 miles in the 30 or so minutes that Cyndy's first grade class did their stint.

This afternoon was our group session--which we did outdoors. We gathered at Liberty Mills Rd. and Homestead Rd. west of Fort Wayne on the trail system. We were participants in a photo shoot involving runners, walkers, bikers, even some kids on scooters. We made a number of trips back and forth on a section of the trail along Liberty Mills Rd. Altogether we covered a distance of 1.72 miles and a good part of it was running. Afternoon running is definitely on the warm side. We wound things up in less than an hour. I tried to smile a lot when I was running just in case the camera happened to be pointed our way. Thankfully I am not having any physical issues. Several of the group are dealing with some soreness and injuries. So I'm knocking on wood, crossing my fingers, and smiling when I run.

No comments: