Wednesday, May 21, 2008

GETTING BACK TO NORMAL

We had a great trip to Colorado. It was all too short. On Friday we went to the state track meet from the airport, and watched again on Saturday as granddaughter Lauren and her team mates set some new school records and place third in the state in the 1600 relay as well as place well in the distance runs. The highlight of the weekend was, of course, her graduation on Sunday and the party after. We flew back home and finally got into our own bed on Monday night after midnight. Yesterday I was too exhausted to do anything in the way of workout.

I did get in an hour of running/walking on Saturday morning. It was easy to get up bright and early there as I woke up on eastern time every morning when it was only 4:30 a.m. I got winded more quickly on my runs. Son Tim usually runs 8 miles in the morning so on Sunday morning we planned to head out together. He running and I would be on a bike. Didn't happen as there was way to much to do to get ready for the party.

Today I finally got with the program and did my run/walk on the river road like usual. Did five miles with lots of running segments. I tried to run every time I recovered and went as long as I could each time. I didn't dwell on the times as much and instead tried to cover more ground at a quicker pace. It worked out well and I felt like I made progress, especially after being off my routine for the last few days.

No comments: