Thursday, May 15, 2008

HAVING A BALL


This morning started on an early note as I traveled to Fort Wayne Physical Therapy for a brief session that was on the Indiana News Centers broadcast during the 6 to 7 AM News. The stability ball and how it is used was featured. Rhonda, Kylee and I did three of the many exercises that can be done using the ball. Again, the ones we do are for strengthening our core muscles and that will give us a good, stable foundation to make running easier.

My running session today was a thirty minute run/walk. I was able to do the running segments with more ease and for longer times again. What a relief it is to reach a new level. Yesterday I took a break from running and did core exercises only. (Some of the ones illustrated on the Fort4Fitness Challenge web page on the IndianaNewsCenters website). This afternoon we leave for Colorado to visit our son Tim and family. Grandaughter Lauren graduates from high school this Sunday. Tomorrow and Saturday she runs in the State Track Finals in three events. We're going to have a great weekend.

I hope to get in at least one training session while we are there. The trail system there is awesome.

No comments: