Thursday, May 1, 2008

Progress? Hmmmm..

We had a question and answer session at today's workout for a while at the beginning of the hour. We discussed plans to participate in the Warbird Brewing 5K coming up in a few weeks. It is an opportunity to experience the workings of an actual run. Some will run a lot-- others will walk a lot. There were numerous questions about the various side effects as a result of our training and how to deal with them. A wide variation has developed in the training level each of us has attained to this point. We each must develop at our own speed, work hard to progress, and overcome the discouraging days. Everyone has made progress--no question about that. One thing that is bothersome to a number of us is that we seem to be stuck on a plateau, and progress and motivation is elusive some days.
As usual, Jamey helps us sort through it all. We did do a number of the more important exercises after a 5 minute warm up walk/run. Jamey coached me as I ran to help me with the positioning of my left foot. Letting my foot turn out is what is causing the pain I have. I do it without realizing that it happens. The right one doesn't seem to do it.

Yesterday, even though I planned to work out, it never happened. One thing came up after another so that put me at attempting something today. I found it hard to get going and easy to figure out ways to avoid it. Finally I did do some walking and running on the treadmill here at home. I just felt drained and my attempt at running wasn't near where I wanted to be. After a mile I slowed down for a cool down walk for a couple minutes and gave up. I did do a good session of exercises and stretches though.

No comments: