Friday, May 23, 2008

PLYOMETRICS

We learned something new at training last evening. We were at the ASH Center for the last time since we will now be doing our training out of doors. We are going to transition from running by minutes to running by distance as we continue to develop our running ability. A new set of exercises were introduced called Plyometrics. For a description of them do a search on the computer. I found a formal description at wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyometrics. It involves jumping--which we did--both legs, one legged, take off on one and land on the other. I thought I had already found and used every muscle but not the case. Today I have sore spots.

Yesterday morning I walked a couple miles to get some time in but didn't overdo it since we were doing group training last evening. Today I did the same thing, walked two miles, but only ran for a short distance as my knees and ankles are very sore.

No comments: