Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Doing What I Can

My right leg was aching this morning so I did some stretching exercises. It's not nice out today so in the late morning I thought I would try some walking on the treadmill. I was a little gimpy so took it slow for a couple of minutes. Gradually I increased the speed and after about 15 minutes I tried getting into a jogging pace. Didn't work--too painful--so I went the rest of the 30 minutes at the fastest walk I could tolerate. Right away I went through all the exercises and this afternoon I'm taking it easy. Leg has ache and I find myself sitting for a while and then getting antsy and walking around the house and stretching it sometimes.
I'm finding that what I am doing each day is inspiring others to make an effort to get back to their walking routine or even get started on something to improve their well being. That's good news and gives me added incentive to keep up the effort myself.
In my head I know this run is possible for me. I sure hope this old body will catch on.

No comments: