Monday, March 10, 2008

It's been a long time since I've run.

As we gathered today for our workout the general topic of conversation was on how sore we all were. Chad from the Indiana Newscenter crew shot some film of us as we got started on our 30 minutes of walking. Jamey videotaped us walking and running. I have issues in my right leg which don't bother me walking but running is another story. My running form stinks. Sort of galloped as I couldn't push off too well with my right side. Improvement is bound to happen as I am starting from a low point on the running. I'll be doing 2 minutes of running, 4 minutes walking 5 times tomorrow plus the stretching and strengthening exercises. Anxious to get over the galloping gait because I look like I'm pretending to be a cowboy riding the range. I wonder if Roy Rogers could have run 13.1 miles on foot? Tomorrow I'm scheduled for a treadmill stress test. Haven't had one in six years and I thought it might be a good idea heading into this training to have one.

No comments: