Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jamey Is Right On

Jamey encourages us by telling us it will all get easier. He was right on today. I was surprised that the walking and running was a little easier on me when we worked out today. I actually could run for about a minute or a little more. The pain in my leg has subsided enough that I could stand the slow run. Most everyone found that their run the last couple days was more like a minute and then it got tough. Today was my first at a run although it was slow and deliberate.
I came home with a little bit of a high spirit.
It was a long day today as I had to get up at five a.m. and head for the Lutheran Hospital to take my Cardiolite (radioactive stuff) Treadmill Stress Test. That took about four hours and again I went through it with no difficulty so I'm anxious to hear the results. I did get a Heart Rate Monitor the other day and checked myself during the workout when running and walking had gotten me going pretty good. It said I was at 160 beats per minute. Sounds like a lot but that's about where they had me on the treadmill today at the hospital. I didn't drop over so I assume I can handle that. Tomorrow is supposed to be a day off to let my body recuperate so hopefully the nice weather will hold and I will try a run/walk outdoors Saturday. I always heard that when you get into a journey to fitness it gets addictive and I can see that now. I would rather keep at it tomorrow than take a day off. Better follow Jamey's plan--he's right on.

No comments: