Monday, March 10, 2008

A Leap of Faith

When Dr. Jamey Gordon from Fort Wayne PHYSICAL THERAPY and Mary Collins from THE INDIANA NEWS CENTER Channel 21, notified me that I was accepted into the challenge group that would train to run in the Fort 4 Fitness Half Marathon I was both excited and apprehensive. What a great way to get fit. What a great gift to myself, my wife, kids and grandkids. And I want to inspire other senior citizens too.
On February 28th the twenty of us in the group met for the first time and learned what was planned for us and how we would reach our goal.
On mondays and thursdays we work out together. Jamey guides us through the proper techniques so we avoid injury and some exercises that are harder on me than the walking we are doing. Walking before running. 4 days of 20 minute walking and then those exercises. 4 days of 30 minute walking and then those exercises. That gets us up to the present. Today is when we will start running a little with the walking--and then those exercises.
A great group we are and it's fun! Like Walt Disney said, "It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
This is day nine and the workouts are easier on me already and I've lost three pounds.

No comments: