Monday, April 21, 2008

5.2 miles!!!

It was a really nice Sunday afternoon. We were visiting Cyndy's dad in Rochester IN. and I headed out on the trail network there to get in some training. It follows the golf course, the woods and out around the airport. I was able to walk along at a pretty good clip and did a few 2 minute runs, which left me pretty breathless. All together I covered 5.2 miles which is a new level and did it in 1 hour and 35 minutes. The September Marathon is set up to allow an average of 18 minutes per mile to reach the finish before the course will close. That is roughly where my time put me. Naturally I want to finish sooner than that and I will. Just nice to know that if I took off today and kept at it I would make it. Got wet feet out by the golf course and that is not good. Very uncomfortable. So don't run through puddles unless you have to.
This afternoon is group workout. I wonder what we'll get to do to broaden our running horizons today?
A great thing that is happening is more and more people are telling me that they have started on a walking, running, or exercise program. We're making a difference!

No comments: