Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Few Steps Forward

Last evening at the group workout we did a 5 minute warm up and then went through two cycles of the exercises using the various equipment and some floor exercises. The monster walk, forward and sideways, with appropriate gutteral utterances was the new highlight for the session. I got through the workout with a bit less difficulty and was surprised that my muscles recovered more quickly.
This morning I did an outdoor road workout and made some forward progress. I did 2 minute runs 7 times which is a first for me. Altogether I covered 4.8 miles in one and a half hours of walking/running. My feet have really hurt this afternoon so I soaked them in cold water for a while. Hopefully that will help them recover. Did some stretches before and after.
It was another beautiful morning and the jaunt along the river was great. There were a number of people mowing their lawns so I guess spring is here for sure.
I didn't see any buzzards stalking me.

No comments: