Thursday, April 3, 2008

IT'S BEEN A WEEK....TIME TO CATCH UP.

Back from Colorado and trying to get back into the swing of things. It was a great visit....albeit quite busy. The Colorado Outdoor Expo kept me very busy and I put in some long days at the Event Center. 10 to 12 hours on the concrete on Friday which was set up day for the vendors. That about did me in. I caught a cold on the plane I guess so that combined with the drier air out there made me uncomfortable. I did some of my exercises and stretches, mainly to get the kinks out from being on my feet so much. I have been able to get in 45 minutes to an hour of 3 mph walking each day and am about ready to try breaking into a run. Hamstring seems to be feeling much better so I'm hoping it won't go back to making my running life difficult. It was so great to spend time working and playing with Tim, Kerri and the 6 grandkids. Good to be back home though and feels really good to get out and do my walk/run here. I can see that spring is on it's way and the small changes I see after just one week's absense make me feel good. I did finally get a heart rate monitor which I am coupling with my gps unit when I hit the road. I gave up on the monitor with no strap and am using a POLAR FS1 that I decided on. Strap not uncomfortable at all. Oh yes, the altitude that I was concerned about, ....didn't bother me at all. Might have if I had really pushed it though. And I found that I needed to drink lots of water and that helped diminish the headache I had at first. Looking forward to next Monday when we all get together so I can see how everyone in the group is doing.

No comments: