Monday, April 14, 2008

THE ATTACK OF THE EXERCISE BALL.

Tonight we worked out with the various weights, balls, elastic straps and other assorted devices along with forward, backward and sidewise lunges. Went through all the stations twice. About 40 minutes worth--after ten minutes of walking/running. One of the easiest of the exercises was to sit on one of the big green balls, balance oneself and do leg lifts. I did a backwards somersault at one point. But that's not surprising--I fall a lot. I did a not too graceful roll and up I came. Walking sidewise with stretchy straps on our feet was a new one. As was the case last week I have found leg movement difficult since I arrived back home. Earlier today I walked a brisk mile. So this was a good workout day.
I only weigh myself once a week and when I did yesterday I found that I was down a few more pounds. I have lost 11 pounds in about 6 weeks. The workouts, run/walks and cutting down of meal portions is starting to show. So I am making progress--not as fast as some but still getting further day by day.

No comments: