Sunday, April 27, 2008

A DESIRE TO RUN and BLIND FAITH


On Saturday morning we went to the IPFW campus to watch the 5K. We wanted to cheer on our daughter Leslye as she ran her first 5K. When I began the FORT4FITNESS CHALLENGE she picked up the tempo of her visits to the fitness center and began to get into running. She and her friend Lori entered the run and succeeded. How cool is that? That's them in the picture on the top. The picture on the bottom is an inspiration--a motivator--his name is Joe and he is blind. With the guidance of his running partner he completed the course and very well. He's a good runner. She guided him with voice prompts and also a short piece of rope. Again, how cool is that?
I didn't work out on Saturday but today I did get back into the routine. Cyndy needed to do some work in her classroom at school so I used the school facility to do my workout. It was about a 45 minute session and I walked/ran and THIS TIME I GOT IN 5 THREE MINUTE RUNS. Another goal reached. Hopefully I will repeat this next time out doors and then I will move on to the 4 minute segments. I did do a pretty good set of exercises today too. So all in all, a good weekend. (Leslye says that coming up toward the finish and hearing all the cheers and encouragement is quite a rush)

No comments: