Sunday, April 6, 2008

What a great Sunday afternoon!

I think today is really the first great day of spring for me. We came home from church and had some lunch and then tackled the lawn work. Lots of raking, we live in a wooded setting, and sticks galore to pick up. And it was a workout. I feel more beat than I do when I get done with a walk/run. It is so good to see everything starting to emerge, the crocus blooming, and the grass even greened up a lot the last few days. One of our resident garter snakes showed up out along the road.
173 days to go until the marathon. I keep that in mind when I feel that I might be falling behind. That day will probably have a hint of fall in the air. So there are two whole seasons to enjoy the benefits of building up to the big day. There will be other big days along the way as milestones are reached. Tomorrow we will get back together for a group session. Just hope to get through it without too much difficulty.

No comments: