Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Finally...able to do a road workout again. Did a 3.2 mile jaunt which was a mixture of walking and running. It went like this:
2 minute run, walked 8 minutes, ran 1 minute, walked 6 (5 times) then ran 3 minutes and walked the remaining 12 minutes. I just couldn't do more than a minute running at a time through the middle of the workout. Don't know why--some possibilities might be: I fasted in preparation for blood tests this morning. Or, my breakfast was mainly fruit this morning and no carbs. I was headed into the wind the first half hour. The 3 minute segment didn't seem as hard when I finally got to that point. I was able to keep going so I did and got to the 3.
Some observations along the way. The windbreaker came off fairly soon as I heated up pretty good. Then it was a nuisance so I stuck it in a bush and picked it up on the way back. About the time I hit the part where I couldn't struggle past a minute running I noticed a buzzard kept swooping back and forth over me. His shadow criss-crossed my path for a while and then he was gone. I zoomed in on the photo above when I put it in the computer and discovered that my left foot was turned out and not straight. Sorry Jamey. (He has had to caution me a few times about walking and running that way ). Stretched out when I got back to the car. All in all I did pretty good today.

No comments: